Wednesday, May 2, 2007

I know I am late but - 09-F9-11-02-9D-74-E3-5B-D8-41-56-C5-63-56-88-C009-F9-11-02-9D-74-E3-5B-D8-41-56-C5-63-56-88-C0


I know I am late but - 09-F9-11-02-9D-74-E3-5B-D8-41-56-C5-63-56-88-C0

Well I just got home from work and it appears the whole internet has gone CRAZY. Crazy in a frenzy of unison against DRM and the MPAA, Digg users today showed the power of the internet and how censorship in the internet age just doesn’t work.

I must say I first heard this news in the most unlikely of places http://www.mikeportnoy.com/ on the forums there users were busily talking about how the power of the internet has prevailed. I have spent the next three hours reading through posts on digg, Slashdot and many other various blogs. I must say that this reaction from the community has been very encouraging and something like this has been brewing for a very long time. The legal beaucracies just cannot silence the collective mass of geeks everywhere who have created the technology for people to get their ideas expressed and heard by millions of people in a matter of seconds.

For those who don’t know the key above is the main AACS(the content scrambling system) used for the DRM of both Bluray and HD-DVD. In mid February the http://Doom9.org forum users managed to crack a software player for HD-DVD which after some very careful disassembly led them to the main code allowing users to build tools similar to the famed DeCSS this will allow users to make backups of their purchased content and play both HD-DVDs and Blurays on Linux.

The articles on Digg have been voted for by users over 55000 times making this the most popular topic ever on that site. Google for me turns up 21000 links which must not include all the sites that have been put up over the day. This information must now count as public knowledge which would nullify any legal action over the people posting it.

Please if you read this share this as much as possible.